Sunday, April 13, 2008

They are both doing amazing. On Friday we got a call from the hospital saying that we would be able to bring both of them home this Monday - which came as a shock to both Cami & I since we thought we were a week or two out still from receiving such news. As part of the discharge procedure with premature babies, we were asked to come in and spend the night with the babies in the hospital Saturday & Sunday night. Before we arrived to the hospital Saturday, we got a call from Isaac's nurse saying that he had a brady (an episode where the heart stops or slows down to a dangerous level) and that it would setback Isaac's homecoming to at least Wednesday. So here we are at the hospital (Sunday) ready to take Xander home tomorrow, but knowing we have to leave Isaac for a few more days. We have some mixed emotions, but Isaac has been doing great since we've been here and I'm optimistic that he'll be home with us soon.
Last night was our first with Xander here in our room - Cami & I are both now getting a sense of how crazy life is going to be at home now. But this is something that we are both excited and ready for - I wish I could show them off in person, they are cute little guys.

2 comments:

Megan Mairs said...

Mama Devereux!!!

Awww They Are So cute!!! i Have Been Wanting To See Them For So Long!!! They Are Adorable. i HOpe You Know iF You Ever Need Any Help i Am Always Here. i Miss You! iM So Happy For You Guys. iM Glad Everything iS Going GOod!!! Miss You ANd Love You Mama Devereux!!!

anna anderson said...

Dev!
I am SO SO SO glad Ms. K gave us this link..I have been wanting to talk with you for so long! I just looked through all of your pictures and just bawled! It's amazing! They are beautiful boys. What a blessing! I hope you are doing well. I really want to catch up and see how you're doing and see this amazing new family of yours!
You and your family are in my prayers. I hope you get to bring the both little men home soon:)
Love you Dev!
Call me if you get a chance!
-Anna

Twinfest

Twinfest

Heiner's Baptism

Heiner's Baptism

How does my butt look?

How does my butt look?

Playin' hoops

Playin' hoops

Cuteness

Cuteness

Chillaxin'

Chillaxin'

Bike ride

Bike ride

Angellic Xander

Angellic Xander

Me and my sweets

Me and my sweets
Main street in Disneyland

My boys

My boys

Disney in January

Disney in January

Huntington Beach, CA

Huntington Beach, CA

Disneyland!

Disneyland!

Isaac grabbing the cord from my camera

Isaac grabbing the cord from my camera